Two-factor authentication (2FA) is a security measure that requires two forms of identification. After you enter your password, you must enter a security code. An application on your smartphone supplies this code. Without your smartphone, you cannot log in.
2FA requires a smartphone with a supported time-based one-time password (TOTP) app. We suggest the following apps:
- For Android™, iOS®, and Blackberry® — Google Authenticator™
- For Android and iOS — Microsoft Authenticator
- The Two-Factor Authentication menu can be found in the cPanel >> Security >> Two-Factor Authentication:
- Go to the Two-Factor Authentication menu and click on the Set Up Two-Factor Authentication button:
- Connect your cPanel to your Authenticator app.
There are 2 ways to connect the app:
- Automatically create the link by scanning the displayed QR code with your app
- Manually create the link by entering the provided Account and Key information in your app
After the app is installed and connected to the cPanel, continue by entering the six-digit security code into the cPanel >> Security >> Two-Factor Authentication >> Step 2 >> Security code:
- You should receive the following success message:
- During the next cPanel login, after you enter your username and password, you will be redirected to the next page to enter the security code: