It’s the most wonderful time of the year! If you’re in the retail business, the Christmas season has always traditionally been the best time to boost your sales. Not only is Christmas usually the time of the year for consumer spending, but it’s also the time when consumers feel the most generous.
If you’re looking for ways to sell your product or services during this time of year, then you’re in the right place! Here in this blog, we will be providing you with several ways to boost your holiday marketing:
Give discounts and coupons
One of the best ways to attract customers during the BER months is by providing them with irresistible offers. So, make sure to think about what your offer will be and how you want to relay the message to the people. Some examples of the discounts and coupons that you can use include:
- Free shipping
- 50% off
- 20% Cashback
- Limited time offers
- Mega sale (10.10, 11.11, 12.12)
Provide them with a solution
While selling your product may be the main objective, it is important to market your product by means of showing consumers the kind of solution your product can provide. This will help establish trust and eventually help you gain loyal customers in the long run. For this reason, we recommend understanding how you can offer tips and tricks that will simplify the daily life of your customers, or offer a solution to their problems. Some examples you can try include:
- For toy stores, you can write a blog about “Ten skills your child learns while playing board games with their friends.”
- For fitness establishments, you can write a blog on “How to maintain your weight during the holiday season”.
- On the contrary, if you own a coffee shop, you can write about “How to add a little holiday twist to your latte at home”.
Choose your platform
The most important thing you need to remember is that you cannot advertise your brand anywhere online since it requires you to pay tons of money. This is why if you’re on a budget, you need to pick your platform wisely.
Regardless if it’s print or online, you need to assess where your customers usually spend their time and promote there. At the end of the day, it all really depends on your industry and the location of your target customers. Here are some examples you can try:
- If your business is inside the mall, it may help to target your ads to people who frequently visit that mall or live nearby. You can advertise using Facebook ads and use the mall as a point of interest as well.
- Additionally, if you are a fashion brand that has a physical store but also sells online, you can offer special online-only sales via email marketing, social media marketing, or SMS advertisements.
Know your target market
If you’re planning to sell your products or services online, it is important to take into account customers that are interested in what you’re offering. To gain revenue during this time of year, make sure to ask these questions to yourself:
- Who do I want to sell my products and services to?
- Are the buyers composed of office workers or civilians who are simply looking for something that can help them during this season?
- What are companies looking for during the BER months?
- Which age group fits our products/services?
Change your branding and design
You may not be aware of this, but people actually tend to be more visual than text-based. This is why you always need to make sure that your design incorporates a great high-quality photo that will go with your message.
Since it is the Christmas season, we recommend incorporating marketing materials that look festive while still retaining your branding aesthetic and accents. Moreover, if you want to go the extra mile to advertise your brand, you can also create limited editions of your products that incorporate the Christmas theme. Keep in mind that it is up to your branding aesthetic to see what fits well with your current design.
Happy BER months everyone!
Christmas is just around the corner, so it is important to always be prepared and ahead of your competitors. What are you waiting for? Make the best out of this season by planning early and offering something irresistible to your consumers today!
Here at iManila, we create various digital marketing strategies that can support your business objectives – whether that means driving awareness, generating leads, or increasing sales.
With 25 years of experience in the industry, iManila is committed to providing our clients with innovative digital solutions. We are a full-service website development and digital marketing agency ready to help you with your web design, hosting, and digital marketing needs. Inquire now and message us today!